Fluke 568 Infrared and Contact Thermometer
The Fluke 568 Infrared and Contact Thermometer can use both non-contact IR and a thermocouple to take readings for surface temperature. The instrument is supplied with a type K thermocouple with a measurement range of -40˚C to 260˚C although the potential measurement range can be as wide as -270˚C to 1372˚C depending on the thermocouple. The IR measurement range, meanwhile, goes from -40˚C to 800˚C.
A range of advanced features supplement the Fluke 568’s impressive measurement capabilities. Firstly, the enormous distance-to-spot ratio of 50:1 means that accurate measurements can be taken a long way away from potentially hazardous or difficult-to-reach surfaces. Accuracy is not compromised by remote measurement because a bright laser beam highlights the measurement point on the target object. Adjustable emissivity and an integrated emissivity table allow the user to compensate for differing surface materials whilst audible and visual alarms warn the user if temperature falls outside pre-set limits.
A backlit LCD screen and three-button operation allow the user of the Fluke 568 to easily navigate through menus to access a range of options. The screen itself shows readings in Celsius and Fahrenheit and also offers min/max/avg recording as well as differential temperature. The instrument menus are available in one of six languages at the user’s discretion.
The Fluke 568 has the capacity to store 99 readings in its internal memory and then upload them to a computer via its micro-USB port and supplied micro-USB to USB cable. From there, Fluke View software helps analyse and display data on the user’s laptop whilst a USB connection can also power the thermometer and extend operation time.
The Fluke 568 is supplied with two AA batteries, a USB cable, a type K thermocouple, Fluke View software and a hard carry case. It constitutes a sophisticated thermometer which offers choice and several advanced features to the user.
Fluke part number: 568
- IR measurement range: -40˚C to 800˚C
- Type K thermocouple range: 40˚C to 260˚C (with supplied thermocouple)
- Distance-to-spot ratio of 50:1
- Laser indicates measurement point
- Adjustable emissivity and built-in emissivity table
- Audible and visual alarms for too-high or too-low temperatures
- Backlit LCD screen with adjustable brightness
- Three-button navigation of device menus
- ˚C/˚F, min/max/avg and temperature differential display
- 99 reading memory capacity
- Downloadable results via USB
- Fluke View software included
- Menus in six languages
- Fluke 568 Infrared and Contact Thermometer
- User's manual for Fluke 568 Infrared and Contact Thermometer
- 1 x Type K thermocouple
- 1 x USB to micro-USB cable
- 2 x AA batteries
- Fluke View software CD
- Hard carry case