Product overview: Fluke 393 Solar Clamp Meter CAT III 1500 V
The 393 FC CAT III 1500 V True-rms Clamp Meter with iFlex is designed for solar photovoltaic (PV) installation technicians and maintenance professionals who work in high voltage dc environments: PV arrays, wind power, electric railways, data centers battery banks for uninterruptible power supplies. The clamp will measure up to 1500 V dc, 1000 V ac, and up to 999.9 A dc or ac through the clamp jaw. The included iFlex flexible current probe extended ac current measurements up to 2500 amps. This clamp has a thin jaw, giving you access to cables in crowded combiner boxes. Test leads are designed with your work in mind, and are also rated to CAT III 1500 V dc.
Key functions of the solar clamp meter:
- IP54 rated, ideal for work outdoors including PV panel testing
- DC power measurement, showing readings in kVA
- Audio Polarity indicator helps prevent accidental miswires
- Visual Continuity turns provide a bright green light in the display, ideal when working in dark and noisy environments
- Logging and reporting of test results via Fluke Connect software
- When measuring ac current the included iFlex flexible current probe gives you unparalleled access to cable is tight spaces. The iFlex probe can be twisted through extremely small spaces and provide accurate current measurements.