Earth ground testing service
Have you be asking series of questions like:
- What is earth ground testing?
Why is Earth ground testing needed?
- How to test earth ground rod?
- How to test earth ground rod multimeter?
Electrical circuits have a separate ground, or ‘earth’, circuit that provides an alternate low-impedance path for electricity to safely reach the ground, in case of accidental physical contact. Ground testing is used to measure the performance of this circuit and check if it meets requirements.
As part of our Electrical Testing and Measurement service, Powerpro conducts extensive earth ground testing, Our robust partnership with Fluke makes our engineers well trained in carrying out earth ground testing service with the use of Fluke 1623–2 kit.
Why is Earth ground testing needed
Ground testing can be divided into two categories:
testing during the construction of a facility and routine testing to confirm that the grounding system is functioning properly.
Both types are crucial for a number of reasons:
- In the case of an electrical malfunction, a system with defective grounding can result in catastrophic losses of data, equipment, and even human life.
- When equipment is not properly grounded, it is vulnerable to voltage surges and spikes, which can cause damage.
- When grounding is lost, sensitive equipment is prone to processing data improperly or losing it entirely.
- Intermittent faults from bad grounding can create a range of problems, from random shocks to failures that cannot be pinpointed easily.
Basic tests that should be conducted are as follows:
Soil Resistivity Testing
Ground Impedance Measurements
Selective Measurement Testing
Please fill out the form below to get a quote on our services